Antibiotic of a wide spectrum of action, renders bacteriostatic action. It is the first representative of a new subgroup of macrolide antibiotics - azalides. When creating a high inflammation in the focus of inflammation has a bactericidal effect.
Indications for use
Gram-positive cocci are sensitive to the drug; Streptococcus pneumoniae, St.pyogenes, St.agalactiae, Streptococcus groups C, F and G, St.viridans, Staphylococcus aureus; Gram-negative bacterias; Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, Bordetella pertussis, B.parapertussis, Legionella pneumonila, H.ducrei, Campylobacter jejuni, Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Gardnerella vaginatis; some anaerobic microorganisms: Bacteroides bivius, Clostridium perfringens, Peptostreptococcus spp.; also Chlamydia trachomatis, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Ureaplasma urealyticum, Treponema pallidum, Borrelia burgdoferi.
Inactive against Gram-positive bacteria, resistant to erythromycin.
Infectious-inflammatory diseases caused by drug-susceptible pathogens:
▪ Lower respiratory tract infections - bacterial and typical pneumonia, bronchitis;
▪ Infections of the upper respiratory tract and ENT organs - angina, sinusitis, tonsillitis, otitis media;
▪ Urogenital tract infections - uncomplicated urethritis, and / or cervicitis, cervicovaginitis and salpingitis;
▪ Skin and soft tissue infections - folliculitis, furuncles, carbuncles, acne vulgaris, impetigo, pyoderma, infected ulcers, infected dermatitis, cellulitis and erysipelas.
▪ Lyme disease (borreliosis), for the treatment of the initial stage (erythema migrans);
▪ Gastric and duodenal diseases associated with Helicobacter pylori.